January 11, 2023
2023 GIULIO GARI VOCAL COMPETITION
The Giulio Gari Foundation is pleased to announce the 2023 Giulio Gari International Vocal Competition. This is the 20th anniversary of the foundation. The event will be held May 8th through May 12th at The Liederkranz Club at 6 East 87th Street, NY, NY 10218.
A New Category of Awards | The Namesake Prize
The GGF is opening up a new opportunity for singer awards for 2023. A small number of singer awards made in the names of individuals will be allowed. Those interested in having a special namesake award presented to one of our winners should email us at email@example.com.
New Namesake Prize: The 2023 John Marien Prize
About The Giulio Gari Foundation
The Giulio Gari Foundation was created to continue the legacy of Giulio Gari by recognizing and helping young singers. Through its annual international vocal competition, the foundation acknowledges exceptional vocal talents by awarding them with financial support, mentorships and introducing them to the professionals in the world of opera.
- Age requirement: 21-35.
- Former Giulio Gari Foundation winners (1st thru 5th prize) cannot re-apply.
- All winners are presented in concert to receive prizes.
- Repertoire once submitted cannot be changed.
- Submitted materials cannot be returned.
- Submission of this application does not guarantee an audition.
- Eligible participants will be notified of the date, time and location of the audition by email.
- An Accompanist will be provided at no cost.
- $35.00 non-refundable fee is required to apply.
- The Giulio Gari Foundation cannot assume any responsibility for expenses incurred during any portion of the competition..
- Non-US Citizens must include your proof of right to work in the United States.
You can apply for the 2023 Giulio Gari Vocal Competition here.
Video Tutorial: Making the Most of Vocal Competition
with Operatic Tenor, Chris Oglesby
Chris Oglesby was a prize winner of numerous vocal competitions in 2022 including winning a Gari Prize. He provides this year’s competitors with invaluable insight on how to make the competition season a success.